Thursday, March 20, 2014

Intro :/

um well, an introduction post seemed necessary, so here goes.
I am a 16 year old girl who at the present, CANNOT  eat most foods. Its a very long story, so i'll summarize. So basically, last year i wasn't feelings so good, we went to a doctor, he took me off wheat and dairy. Did that diet for 6 months, very slight improvement. So we went to another doctor, this seems to happen to everybody with such issues. And i was put on a candita-killing diet. If you are not familiar with this diet, feel free to ask me, or use google. (google will explain it better, i can promise you).  But anyway, did that for 6 months too, didn't work. So i switched to a diet i cannot remember at the moment, will fix that later... So after being on that diet for like 4 months, i finally switched to the worse diet of all, the SCD, Specific Carbohydrate Diet. and i am not the best at explaining this one either. But on this diet, i can not have grains, dairy, most fruits, (at least in the stage i am in), starches, yes, that means potatoes, and a bunch of other random foods too. So all in all, its sucks.

that took less time than i expected...so here's why i have a blog now:

through all that, i have learned to make many gluten-free, 'everything-free', foods.
My most favorite thing to make has been muffins, so i do a lot of those.
But now i decided to share what stuff i have been making, and what has worked, and not worked :(

And the pictures of the food will be less than perfect, and my writing not the best. I love to write, but I'm a teenager and sometime i get lazy with my grammar. So bear with me, and i hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as i myself have ;D


SIDE NOTE: on second thought, there will be a few random posts here and there, mostly fan girl ones, cause i really like to ramble when i write. feel free to pass over those. >:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe you're restricted so much on food, but I understand how it feels (religious reasons). I love that you're posting recipes for the foods you eat because then i know if I can eat it or not (but I'm not too worried. Based on what your diet is, there is definitely no doubt that the foods are halal--meaning I can eat them.)

    I'm going to do my best to keep up with this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it can be hard, can't it. i'm glad you can eat the foods, hope you'll enjoy them. please do keep reading ;D

      Delete